sábado, 9 de abril de 2011

[Review] Foo Fighters - Wasting Light (English)


When I saw that Foo Fighters were influenced by ABBA in this new album, "Wasting Light", I admit I was a little apprehensive. Fortunately, the many times I've heard this album I've heard nothing that made me remember the sound of the Swedish band.

Foo Fighters haven’t released an album since 2007 and therefore “Wasting Light” was eagerly expected. This album follows the line's usual sound of the band led by Dave Grohl, although he said in several interviews that the album had a heavier sound than usual.

“Wasting Light” is a good album, but not so good as many people want to imply. It begins with "Burning Bridge", with Grohl screaming "These are my famous last words!". This song, with an explosive riff, is a great way to start the album. Then follow "Rope," the first single from the album, and "Dear Rosemary," which are songs that don’t add anything special to the album. “White Limo” is without doubt the heaviest song of “Wasting Light”.

Then come some of the best songs on this album: "Arlandria" and "These Days." These two songs follow the sound to the Foo Fighters have accustomed us with heavier choruses that stay in your ear.

The last two songs of "Wasting Light," "I Should Have Known" and "Walk," are two of the best songs on the album, especially the latst, which closes this album perfectly.

“Wasting Light” is an album with two faces: it has great songs like “Walk” or “These Days”, but has also median songs as “Miss The Misery” and “Rope”.  

7.5/10


1 comentário: