sábado, 18 de junho de 2011

Elbow start work on follow-up to 'Build A Rocket Boys!'


Elbow have started work on their new album, just three months after releasing their fifth effort 'Build A Rocket Boys!.

Frontman Guy Garvey explained that the band are still at a very early stage in the process, but are trying out a new technique to come up with new material for the LP.

"Rich [drummer Richard Jupp] went into the studio and recorded several different drum patterns for me," the singer told the Daily Mirror.

"I'll go away next week and try and write lyrics for them. We’ve never worked this way before, but we’ll see what happens."

Ahead of the band's appearance at Glastonbury next Saturday (June 25), Garvey has also been speaking about a particularly unhappy memory from the festival.

He recounted waking up in a toilet at the Worthy Farm event, describing it as "the most unpleasant experience of my life, bar none".

"People know me as an affable pisshead who likes writing songs. I did have a terrible experience one year though, when I woke up in a toilet," Garvey revealed in an interview with The Guardian.

"I threw my clothes away immediately and bought some new ones. You're picturing me now in some funky tie-dye kaftan, aren't you?"

Source: nme.com

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário